- They're purple
- They look awesome
- They taste awesome
- They're hygenic (important in countries of dubious water quality - the edible bit is protected by thick rind)
- They're new and exciting. Neither of us had even heard of them until now
- They're good for you
- They're easy to get into - squeeze and the rind pops open.
- The inner bits look like cloves of garlic.
- They're well padded so don't get damaged too easily.
- They rhyme with langoustine. What else does that? If you have any recipes for mangosteen with langoustine, or any poems making use of this, we'd love to hear about it.
Saturday, January 08, 2011
Reasons why we love mangosteens: